Tips For Parents When Your Child Reaches OutMay 31, 2023
By Ginger Gentile
- Before your visit, prepare by speaking with a qualified family coach or therapist (who practices Cognitive Based Therapy) about remaining in the present and maintaining a productive mindset as you move forward.
- When with your child, keep your conversation light, positive, and let them know how great it is to hear from them.
- Focus on listening. This time together is about your child, not you or your ex.
- Avoid discussing how much time has passed, your pain, the suffering, or the wrongs done by the other parent.
- Make it easy to set your first visit together. Remember, your child may still hold a negative view of you – "show them" your love instead of "telling them." This is very important, especially in the initial interactions.
- Do you need help responding to accusations or being blamed? Take our Roadmap course!
Sign up for the Roadmap Course Today or get quick results personalized to your family with my one-on-one coaching.
Get tips on how to Reunite Delivered to your Inbox
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.